The DD2050HS hopper scale weight terminal
Weightron’s DD2050HS hopper scale weight terminal is a powerful and versatile PC-based instrument, specifically designed for controlling and managing the operation of discontinuous hopper scales at:
- ports and terminals
- road and rail terminals
- processing plants
- silo storage sites
Such totalizing weighers are used extensively for the bulk weighing of free-flowing granular materials in a diverse range of applications including:
- ship loading and off-loading*
- shipping container loading and off-loading
- silo material transfer
- bulk batch feeding
How the DD2050HS hopper scale weight terminal works
In a typical system, material is loaded into the bulk weigh hopper (using a variety of methods), weighed and then discharged ready for the next batch. The individual batch weights are totalized to provide the total weight of material transported over a given time. Accuracy and speed are crucial for optimum throughput efficiency.
Based on Weightron’s well established DD2050 touch screen weight terminal, the weights and measures approved HS version has been specially developed to meet the demands for high-speed and accurate weighing of bulk materials. The operator can clearly follow the weighing process on screen and the instrument features:
- large, user-friendly 300 mm touch screen
- comprehensive operator graphic interface, including schematics of the hopper scale
- full alphanumeric capability for data entry
- USB interface for the connection of a remote keyboard and printer
- print-outs to provide all key data from a particular run
Watch our Case Study video to get a better idea of how it works:
Ideal for new installations or upgrading existing discontinuous hopper scales
The controller is ideal for new installations or upgrading existing discontinuous hopper scales, which use outdated and standalone technology. The DD2050HS:
- connects directly with existing load-cell based hopper scales, without the need for additional instrumentation
- provides all the necessary inputs and outputs to control the whole weighing process
- Includes extensive database capabilities
- features versatile fine and coarse set-points to ensure pinpoint material flow cut-off accuracy and speed
Weightron’s powerful Centerpoint software
The full control potential of the DD2050HS can be realized when one or more hopper scales are connected via Weightron’s powerful Centerpoint software, which can be installed on a standard Windows PC or Windows Server.
- orders and planning operations management
- product route control and stock management
- data collection, including the Start report, Batch report and Stop report for each operation
For added versatility, the software can integrate with third party ERP systems such as SAP, providing the user with extensive data import/export capabilities at single or multiple locations, both online and offline.
In addition to supplying the instrumentation and software, Weightron can also assess the condition of the existing loads cells and mounting hardware supporting your hopper and carry out upgrades as necessary. The DD2050HS systems can also be covered by Weightron’s extensive service and support packages, ensuring optimized productivity and up-time.
* For granular and solid bulk products such as grain, animal feeds, soya meal and sugar, discontinuous bulk weighers provide an effective solution for verifying loading and unloading quantities, commonly known as draft weighing data. For over a century, draft surveys have been internationally accepted as an accurate and convenient means of establishing the weight of bulk cargoes, providing the basis for the preparation of bills of lading and assessing various charges and port fees.