Waste Management Systems (iWM)
At Weightron, we understand the importance of effective waste management as part of a structured programme which allows companies and individuals to control and actively reduce the amount of waste they produce.
Our iWM Waste Management System has been specifically designed to provide a set of simple, versatile and user-friendly tools that actively encourage the measurement and control of multiple waste streams at a wide range of facilities. The system provides clear data on how much waste of a particular kind is generated, who is responsible and where it has been generated in any particular building, enterprise or manufacturing site.
The industrial waste management system weighs and records the data directly in the bin storage area prior to collection. iWM offers significant benefits to:
- Facilities management companies
- Waste collection companies
- Hospital management companies
- Office and tenement blocks
- Hotels & restaurants
- Shopping & leisure complexes
- Schools, colleges & universities
- Factories and warehouses
- Transportation facilities (airports, sea ports, rail stations & motorway services)
iWM is ideal for multi-tenant buildings where multi-stream waste generation takes place. Features include:
- Legal-for-trade approved weighing system (EN45501)
- Robust, ultra-low profile weighing scales
- Versatile, simple-to-use touch screen terminals (optional anti-vandal
- Interface with SAP, Sage and other recognised software
- Clear spreadsheet print-outs
- Full traceability records for invoicing, etc.
- Suitable for all types of wheeled bins up to 1100 litres (larger
- Waste bins/containers can be electronically tagged – these can be
programmed with container tare weight (empty weight), waste type and client ID.
Tag reader sends data directly to terminal
Return on investment
A number of organisations that have invested in our systems have seen significant cost savings, which give a rapid return on investment.
At the heart of the Weightron system is a simple-to-use touch screen terminal, which guides pre-stored users through the weighing process. In a typical multi-stream example, designated waste bins containing segregated waste are simply wheeled onto the low profile floor scale. The user then selects the correct waste type on the screen (this can be automatically done if the bins are bar-coded) and the job is done. The system generates detailed reports which highlight waste generation, allowing cost apportionment to the different occupants. The iWM software can be easily integrated with management software systems for additional versatility.
For further information on our innovative iWM system, or any of our FM and waste management services, please get in touch with us today.Download Itemised Waste Traceability Datasheet